Unpaid Debt: Venue to File Case

Rules of Court Philippines

A, a resident of San Pedro, Laguna, borrowed money from B, a resident of Binan, Laguna. In case A fails to pay, where should B commence the action? Explain

Answer: B may commence the action against A either in the proper courts of San Pedro, Laguna or Binan. This is so because the venue of personal actions may be commenced and tried where the plaintiff of the defendant resides at the election of the plaintiff. (Rule 4 of Rules of Court, Section 2, Civil Procedure)

1 comment

Write a Comment